Philippine Charity Sweepstakes Office (PCSO) said that the other winner in the record-high P1.18-billion lotto jackpot prize is a male nurse and has already claimed his share of the winnings.
Florante Solmerin, PCSO deputy spokesman, said the winner claimed the prize yesterday at the PCSO main office in Mandaluyong City.
The winner, a 30-year-old male nurse, bought the winning ticket from a newly opened SM City mall in Legazpi City, Albay.
“He is married and has no kids. He said they are still trying to have one,” Solmerin told The STAR, referring to the winner.
The winner considers himself poor, noting nurses are among the low-paid workers in the country.
“He is a contractual worker and works part-time,” Solmerin said.
Although he still has no plans on what to do with the windfall, the winner said he would prioritize paying all his debts.
PCSO general manager Alexander Balutan, who personally turned over the cheque amounting to P472 million net of taxes, advised the winner to spend the money wisely and be careful of his safety and security.
“Like his advice to all past lotto winners, Balutan told the winner to spend the money wisely and find ways to make it grow,” Solmerin said.
The PCSO’s record-high lotto jackpot amounting to P1.8 billion was won by two winners during the 6/58 Ultra Lotto draw on Oct. 14.
The other winner – from Borongan, Eastern Samar – claimed the prize last week. (Rainier Allan Ronda, The Philippine Star)