Department of Health will be needing more health workers to help in the fight against Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) pandemic.
DOH posted online that they are now conducting Emergency Hiring of Health Personnel for COVID-19 Response as prescribed on DOH Department Memorandum No. 2020-0153.
The health department announced that there are vacancies for physicians, nurses, medical technologists, and other support health personnel on a contract of service basis, for a minimum of three (3) months. This aims to augment our current health workforce, who are working tirelessly in our fight against this pandemic.
Monthly compensation and benefits
1. Basic salary + premium of up to 20% of basic salary.
2. Up to P500/day hazard allowance.
3. P500 GSIS group insurance.
4. P1,000/month communication and transportation allowance
5. P100,000 in case of infirmity due to COVID-19 and P1,000,000 in case of death.
6. Hospitalization benefits
7. Health personnel will also be entitled to other benefits.
Basic salary rate will be P32,053 for nurses, up to P75,359 for physicians; P32,053 for medtechs and radtechs; P29,277 for respiratory therapists; P22,316 for medical equipment technicians; P15,524 for nursing assistants; P13,807 for ambulance driver; and P17,505 for admin assistant.
Once hired, they will be deployed in the following order of priority:
1. DOH-designated COVID-19 referral hospitals;
2. Temporary treatment and monitoring facilities for COVID-19;
3. DOH-designated COVID-19 diagnostic facilities;
4. Public hospitals (national and local) handling COVID-19 patients; and
5. Private hospitals duly designated by the DOH to handle COVID-19 cases.
Requirements for application:
1. Personal Data Sheet, 4 copies
2. PRC ID related to your profession
Submit your requirements to any of the following:
A. DOH Hospitals
C. DOH Centers for Health Development
For more information you may contact :
PGH telephone number: 155-200.
email address: email@example.com
DOH telephone number: (02) 8651-7800 loc. 4206, 4207
email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
DOH will also ensure the safety and security of its Health Care Workers by providing assistance and support amidst the COVID-19 situation.